Job Opportunity – Foundation Assistant
Terms: Permanent Part-Time; Some evening and weekends required
The Foundation Assistant Position:
The Foundation Assistant helps to advance W.E. Care for Kids’ mission by providing daily office and special event support. This position reports to the Operations Manager and is specifically responsible for assisting with the coordination of special events and volunteer management.
The Foundation Assistant must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and an understanding of donor-centered communications. The successful candidate must also be able to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines while exuding a positive attitude. The ability to work independently as well as be a team player is imperative.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager coordinating all aspects of fundraising events which include the confirmation of participants and vendors prior to the event, on-site management, and post-event follow-up
- Manage event logistics, such as venue, rentals (e.g. A/V, tent) and contracts
- Assist with donation and sponsorship acquisition
- Assist with volunteer management and recruitment
- Assist with daily office support, including phone call, mail and tax receipting
- Assist with third party fundraisers when required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates much be eligible to work in Canada
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when required
- College Diploma or University Degree in related field
- Some experience working or volunteering in the non-profit sector
- Experience assisting or managing events
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to build and foster relationships
- Ability to multi-task successfully
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of social media and related strategies
- Experience in and aptitude for effectively working with volunteers
- High energy and passion for the W.E. Care for Kids mission
- Valid driver’s license and consistent access to vehicle
The successful candidate must arrange his/her own travel to and from the W.E. Care for Kids offices on a daily basis; job may also require travel throughout Windsor/Essex County for solicitation of donations, or event planning. Successful candidate must provide an up to date police clearance.
This position is a permanent part-time. This position requires a flexible schedule with the ability to work some evenings and weekends, as required.
Job posting closes July 3, 2018 at 3pm.
Applications should be sent electronically in PDF format to the Operations Manager at email@example.com, with subject header “Foundation Assistant”. Please no phone calls, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you in advanced for your interest.
The Windsor Essex Care for Kids Foundation (W.E. Care for Kids) is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to enhancing the health and wellness of the children in our community through fundraising initiatives. Since it’s founding in 1997, W.E. Care for Kids has raised over $7.6 million in support of local paediatric health programs at Windsor Regional Hospital’s Met and Ouellette Campus, John McGivney Children’s Centre, Leamington District Memorial Hospital, Windsor Essex Therapeutic Riding Association, and most recently the Ronald McDonald House Windsor.
To learn more about W.E. Care for Kids please visit our website at www.wecareforkids.org